Why hydrovac contractors are the solution to your excavation problems
If traditional digging methods are too risky or imprecise for your construction project and you’re looking for a safe, reliable and effective alternative, Precision Gradall has the solution you need. Keep reading to learn more about hydrovac excavation and how our hydrovac contractors can help you complete your next construction project in Alberta quickly and efficiently.
What is hydrovac excavation?Hydrovac excavation is a method of removing soil, clay, gravel and rock using highly pressurized water and an industrial strength vacuum. Hydrovac contractors inject pressurized water into the ground to break up and soften the soil, which is then pumped into a debris tank where it can later be moved to a different location.
The benefits of hydrovac excavation?
Hydrovac excavation makes it possible to complete excavation projects that would normally be too dangerous or otherwise impossible for traditional digging equipment to perform. The hydrovac method of excavation carries with it a number of benefits:
- It’s non-destructive: hydrovac excavation is the ideal choice for excavating areas with buried pipes, powerlines or other structures.
- It’s non-invasive: hydrovac contractors can excavate a dig site without disturbing or causing damage to surrounding or underground structures.
- It’s precise: unlike heavy digging equipment, hydrovac excavation offers highly precise and controlled soil removal for precision digging.
- It reduces the risk of a cave-in: the precision of hydrovac excavation allows workers to excavate a particular area without impacting the strength or integrity of surrounding soil, thus reducing the risk of a cave-in at the dig site.
- It’s safe: unlike traditional digging equipment where workers may have to descend into the trench to monitor and control digging equipment, hydrovac contractors use specialized hosing to pump soil and debris out of the dig site, keeping them safely out of harm’s way.
- It’s versatile: hydrovac excavation can be used on all soil types including hard clay, gravel, rocky soil and even frozen ground.
When to use hydrovac excavation
Hydrovac excavation can be used in a number of different scenarios including when:
- Digging a narrow trench or hole to locate underground utilities or pipes
- Excavating enclosed areas where traditional digging methods are not an option
- Installing or excavating utility poles
- Maintaining or repairing existing pipelines
- Removing debris from drain pipes or manholes
- Excavating during winter when traditional digging equipment wouldn’t be able to break through frozen ground
Looking for an experienced and professional hydrovac contractor in your area? Visit Precision Gradall today. Our team has the skills and experience you need to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to request a quote.